Selecting the right fund and corporate services provider to partner with over the lifetime of a fund can often be a daunting task, especially if outsourcing is not a mainstream part of your business model.
Through our experience of pitching for the services of a wide range of funds we have formed an understanding of the key steps taken and questions prospective clients ask.
Technology – Leading edge systems such as eFront give the competitive advantage if you require access to data.
1. What technology system(s) do you use and what are their key benefits?
2. How long have you used your technology system?
3. What in-house expertise do you have on this technology system?
4. What tailored reporting capability does your technology system have?
5. What access can we/our investors have to our information?
6. What operational efficiencies does this technology deliver?
7. What improvements do you expect over the next three years and how will they benefit us?
8. Does your technology system run all aspects of the accounting and administration processes?
9. Are all clients fully migrated onto the system?
Client base – Whilst experience isn't the be all and end all, it is best to establish how long the services have been offered and find out about the provider's history.
1. What experience do you have in our asset class and geographical location?
2. How many clients have you won and lost in the past three to five years?
3. Please can you provide five references to speak to? These contacts should be relevant to us in terms of sector and/or geographical location?
Tip: Many of our clients have said that speaking to existing clients was an incredibly useful exercise in deciding which fund and corporate services provider to select. We recommend asking for five and speaking to at least three of these reference contacts.
Business mode – This is what can make a fund and corporates services provider stand out from the crowd. Having a unique approach aligned with your needs can make all the difference.
1. What are your ownership plans in the future?
2. What proportion of your business does my asset class constitute and how many full time employees are dedicated to this area?
3. What do you consider are your differentiating features.
If you are reading this then you are probably considering outsourcing your operations to an external fund and corporate services provider. Outsourcing may not be for your fund now, but it is always helpful to understand your options and we are always happy to find out if we can assist. To see for yourself why we're the bright alternative or why we have never lost a client since our inception, please get in touch with our Head of Business Development, James Duffield.
“Aztec Group helped us deliver the (migration) project during a very busy time in the Henderson calendar and I was surprised how easily the transition went, which is a credit to the Aztec Group and Henderson teams!”
We’ve seen it before. A market-leading brand or institution that’s seemingly untouchable one minute, and gone (or at least banished into the realms of the ordinary) the next. Who would... Read More
We are delighted to announce that we have won Corporate Services Team of the Year at the 2017 ICSA awards in Guernsey. The local ICSA awards are designed to celebrate individual and collecti... Read More
If you would like to discuss outsourcing to the Aztec Group or are considering migrating a fund or SPV, please contact James Duffield, our Head of Business Development on +44 20 3818 0250.
Aztec Group Guernsey
Aztec Financial Services (Guernsey) Limited
PO Box 656, East Wing, Trafalgar Court
Les Banques, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3PP
Telephone: +44 1481 749700
Facsimile: +44 1481 749749
Video Conference: +44 1481 725947
Aztec Group Jersey
Aztec Financial Services (Jersey) Limited
Aztec Group House, PO Box 730
11-15 Seaton Place, St Helier, Jersey, JE4 0QH
Telephone: +44 1534 833000
Facsimile: +44 1534 833033
Video Conference: +44 1534 832002
Aztec Group UK - London
Aztec Financial Services (UK) Limited
2 Throgmorton Avenue
Telephone: +44 20 3818 0250
Aztec Group Luxembourg
Aztec Financial Services (Luxembourg) S.A.
8, rue Lou Hemmer, L-1748, Luxembourg – Findel
Grand-Duché de Luxembourg
Telephone:+352 246 160 6000
Facsimile: +352 246 160 6016
Aztec Group The Netherlands
Aztec Financial Services (Netherlands) BV
Spaces Zuidas, Barbara Strozzilaan 201
1083 HN Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Telephone: +31 20 794 4820
Facsimile: +31 20 794 4821
Aztec Group UK - Southampton
Aztec Financial Services (UK) Limited
Forum 3, Solent Business Park
Parkway South, Whiteley, Fareham, PO15 7FH
Telephone: +44 238 202 2300
Facsimile: +44 238 202 2309