Reports to Financial Reporting Manager
The purpose of this position is to carry out routine day-to-day accounting of fund structures under the direction of a Financial Reporting Manager.
- Bookkeep a complex range of funds, management companies and associated fund structures and liaise with clients and intermediaries as necessary
- Complete all aspects of accounting matters for a portfolio of fund structures, including the preparation, reconciliation and proofing of investor reports, statutory financial statements, and ad-hoc investor queries
- Deal with the completion of routine audit queries
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliations and provide supporting documentation evidencing transactions
- Maintain accurate records on eFront and Microsoft Excel working paper schedules for all aspects of accounting
- Deal with the preparation and reconciliation of periodic direct and indirect tax returns
- Act as a mentor to junior staff under the supervision of senior staff
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- Relevant degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance (Bachelor or Master degree)
- At least 3 to 5 years of previous experience as an Experienced Fund Accountant
- The candidate will be expected to be studying towards a relevant professional qualification (preferably having commenced ACCA Professional level or ACA Advanced level)
- Sound technical financial services knowledge (to be supported through the Aztec Academy)
- Computer literacy skills are essential
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.