Reports to Associate Director - Depositary
The purpose of this position is to carry out routine day-to-day functions of the Aztec Luxembourg depositary services offering.
- Contribute to the day-to-day client relationships for a small but growing portfolio of depositary clients to ensure that high levels of service are delivered
- Review the depositary checklist output delivered by a small team of direct reports to ensure that all relevant operating procedures, policies and professional guidelines are being adhered to
- Directly manage a small team of staff from trainees to senior depositary accountants, ensuring that they are effectively supervised, coached, directed, engaged and encouraged through their day-to-day work and longer-term ambitions
- Assist the UK and Luxembourg Head of Depositary Services respectively in monitoring the operational and financial performance of your team
- Develop regular client reporting on our work, to include our activities, findings issues (if any) and conclusions
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- The candidate will be expected to have at least 4-6 years’ fund accountancy or administration experience supported by a relevant professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, ICSA Diploma level or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a number of client relationships or a significant part of a major client relationship is essential
- Experience of being responsible for a small team, including coaching, delegation and performance management of more junior staff is also essential
- A willingness to read and interpret domestic and EU regulations and legislation is desirable
- Fluency in French and German are desirable
- Sound technical knowledge to be supported through the Aztec Academy and bespoke on the job training
- An eye for detail and good degree of initiative with an ability to provide commercial, risk sensitive solutions for clients
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.