This new strategic role will contribute to the overall success of the Aztec Group through the leadership of our Regulatory and Tax teams, developing our client service offerings as we continue to expand as a partner to our clients.”
We build long term relationships with clients through compelling client experiences and you will support this through research and thought leadership, supporting our clients to achieve their strategic goals, providing insight on future challenges and smart solutions for our clients needs.
The role will lead the ongoing operations, and transformation of our tax, technical accounting, and regulatory services. There will also be opportunity to lead and influence broader Group wide strategic initiatives and objectives.
Reporting to a member of the Group Executive Committee, the individual will be a senior leader within the wider Group, with responsibility for leading operations for existing requirements, and, identifying and implementing new services and revenue streams.
- You will lead and manage a strong and growing team (regulatory and tax teams) across five locations who go above and beyond to deliver the service we’re renowned for.
- Be accountable and responsible for all elements of the P&L for the regulatory and tax client services
- To develop a growth strategy and implementation plan for our tax, technical and regulatory services
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify, pursue and deliver new products and services
- Lead the design and implementation of technology-based solutions that drive exceptional client service, excellent user experience and deliver operational efficiencies
- Support the expansion of Aztec by building local regulatory and tax teams and services in new jurisdictions
- Horizon scanning for new trends that may provide threats or opportunities
- Work closely and collaboratively with Business Development and Marketing teams position Aztec as an industry leader
- Implementation of projects and change across the organisation
- In line with the Aztec client experience agenda operationalisation the client experience for associated regulatory and tax client services across all jurisdictions
- Manage regulatory and tax client satisfaction, in collaboration with the Product teams putting in place regular client touchpoints and resolving issues or escalating as required (ensure appropriate reporting to Risk and Compliance as required)
- Identify, pursue and deliver regulatory and tax selling opportunities working with the product groups
- To manage the team in terms of appropriate resource and skill levels, and productivity measures, to ensure market competitiveness
- To ensure effective use of CRM systems and processes to maximise client knowledge, increase revenue opportunities, and maximise client satisfaction
- Be responsible for providing in global tax, regulatory, accounting and company secretarial trends.
- To provide timely insightful input to the Group and Executive Committee
- Active contribution to Group wide strategic initiatives and objectives
Day to Day Duties:
- Develop and deliver product strategy into the marketplace
- Maximise product revenues
- Ensure high quality service delivery
- Manage and maximise client satisfaction
- Line Management of the product team
- Lead the regulatory and tax teams across Aztec jurisdictions
- Participate in local jurisdictional leadership team meetings
- Product Revenue
- Gross margin
- Cash collections/Debtor days
- Client satisfaction
- Employee engagement
- Product team
- Based in either Guernsey, Jersey, Luxembourg, or UK.
“For all accepted offers of employment with Aztec Financial Services (Luxembourg) S.A, candidates will be required to complete pre-screening requirements, including providing a criminal record certificate (extrait de casier judiciaire).”
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- You’ll look on the bright side, always finding the opportunity. You’ll think big, but you’re also a doer driven to find the right solution.
- You know that the right solutions aren’t always the easy ones either, and you’re constantly curious, looking to find the best way.
- You’ll have considerable financial services knowledge and be well-versed in global tax, regulatory, accounting and company secretarial trends.
- Specifically, we’re looking for a global or regional director-level, specialising in tax and/or regulatory services for the alternative investment industry.
- Excellent relationship builder. You build lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and intermediaries alike, and have proven ability to lead multi-jurisdictional teams, plan strategically and implement globally.
- You have the skills and desire to deliver exceptional client service on a big scale.
- You use strong organisational abilities to meet deadlines, organise, prioritise and allocate resources effortlessly.
- Your excellent attention to detail ensures your leaders naturally follow suit, adhering to policies, procedures and complex regulatory requirements without fail.
- Commercially driven - to identify new opportunities for growth, and, partner with colleagues and clients to bring these to life.
- You have experience in the leading the design and implementation of technology based solutions that drive exceptional client service, excellent user experience and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving capabilities
- People leadership and management: motivate, grow, select and augment the team to ensure the right mix of capabilities is available
- BA/BSc in Business-related subject; MBA or equivalent desirable along with Chartered Accountancy/Tax qualifications
Intelligently enabling brighter futures
To be recognised as the leading global specialist in outsourced funds and corporate services.
To provide an invaluable client experience from the brightest talent, that brings innovation to the markets we serve and turns ambitions into reality
Our strategy is to deliver a market- leading, outsourced solution to our clients, shaped by the elixir of the Aztec Group and driven by our shared values. These shared values guide how we behave and work – together, and with our clients, stakeholders and the wider communities in which we live.
Bright: We’re empowered to create smart solutions for our clients’ needs. We nurture an environment where innovation and an alternative way of thinking is second nature; it’s in our DNA.
Caring: We’re a people business. A greater understanding of ourselves, our colleagues and our clients enables us to continuously develop and achieve our full potential.
Passionate: We’re an enthusiastic bunch, taking great pride in our work, our teams’ achievements and our clients’ successes. It motivates us to achieve positive solutions, every day.
Responsible: Our clients and colleagues place great trust in us. We act with integrity and hold ourselves accountable for our commitments and one another.
Unified: We’re one business with a single purpose and vision. We proactively communicate and collaborate across boundaries to deliver excellence.
Specific Personal Qualities
- Builds open and trusting relationships
- Acts in the organisation’s best interests
- A focus on detail while being able to look at the big picture
- Organised and disciplined but able to cope with ambiguity
- Tendency to approach problems in a positive and constructive manner
- Works effectively using mutual influence across functions
- Capacity to spot issues and distil the important from the unimportant
- Highly pragmatic and action orientated
- Excellent ability to inspire and influence others
- Clear and grounded set of values that align to Aztec’s Values
- Values the flexible and work life balance agenda
Exhibits the following strategic leadership characteristics:
Strategic Leadership: “The ability to simplify complexity and develop a clear operations strategy”
Helps to drive the Big Picture forward to the ground level – interpret the reality of how the vision is likely to be enacted.
Can establish an operational strategy which is aligned to the Big Picture.
Displays a strong empathy with the clients - voices their needs, reactions and concerns to the organisation.
Is vigilant in terms of understanding external trends, regulatory and economic factors along with technological changes which are likely to impact on – imports this understanding to counteract complacency
Garners support and challenges when appropriate in order to secure results.
People Leadership: “Builds a shared vision around the Big Picture which fosters commitment and investment of people”
Is able to inspire individuals intellectually and emotionally – impact of style is to create followership. Has the persona to connect with people at all levels of the organisation
Takes the time and energy to engage with people at the ground level, in a personally-relevant way
Is able to attract, recruit and develop and maintain high calibre people
Creates empowered teams, with strong ethos and drive, at all levels of Aztec
Constantly provides purpose and meaning to individuals by linking their contributions to the Big Picture
Encourages people to take responsibility for generating results and taking corrective action – particularly in respect of client issues
Making Change Happen: “Makes the agenda clear and tangible. Distils the vision for change into a few performance priorities which are clearly stated and actionable”
Creates a sense of urgency by appealing to competitive instincts and continuously focusing on the marketplace and potential threats on the horizon
Involves people in the process of contributing or shaping change plans – creates a coherent working change vision which enables people to see clearly in their own minds where the change will take them
Ensures clients are the focal point of attention
Develops and maintains contact with regulators, clients and knowledge of competitors to help identify future needs in relation to the drive for opportunities
Makes the agenda clear and tangible
Focus on securing early wins to generate momentum over time