Reports to Risk Manager
The purpose of this role is to be part of the group-wide Risk Management Team for the Aztec Group and its affiliated entities, taking responsibility for many days to day risk management tasks.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and driven individual with an interest in risk topics who is keen to take an exciting and broad role with excellent career progression and development opportunities within an established and evolving team.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to gain transferrable skills, gain an insight into how a business is run and provides excellent development opportunities. Our junior scheme takes on staff with potential to succeed, so if you have what it takes, we can help you to become a fully qualified risk professional.
Risk Identification and Assessment
- Support the Risk Team in the analysis of operational incidents to ensure they are accurately captured, investigated (root cause analysis) and where appropriate, corrective action taken
- Support the Risk Team in the performance of trend analysis of operational incidents across Aztec on a periodic basis
- Involvement in ad-hoc controls testing and risk assessments to analyse the effectiveness of the control framework and where required, recommending enhancements to the control framework
- Collaborate with business units to understand their drivers, concerns and key risks
New Business Assessment
- Undertake analysis of new business to understand the associated risks and ensure these are clearly documented, managed and that the risk profile of new clients and client mandates are clearly understood and aligned with Aztec’s strategy
- Involvement in the administration of the new business process including timely updates to the new business tracker, maintenance of the new business files and monitoring of action point progress
Risk Framework and Administration
- Maintain risk management documentation, policies, procedures and risk reports
- Maintain and monitor the activity of the Risk Management mailbox, escalating to members of the Risk Team where appropriate
- Undertake routine housekeeping tasks and support to the Risk Team in other day-to-day activities including ad-hoc risk related queries
- Support the internal and external risk monitoring and reporting process
- Support the Risk Team in the planning and execution of risk management projects and tasks aimed at evolving and strengthening the risk management framework
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT, Business Administration, Accounting or other relevant subjects or equivalent professional qualification
- Fluent in English. Any other languages would be considered as an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to take ownership and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and relationship driven approach are an essential requirement to develop close working relationships with colleagues and business contacts
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritising and organising workloads as required
- Analytical approach with good research skills and mind for problem solving / alternative solutions
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and quality standards
- Computer literacy skills are essential with working knowledge of Microsoft products, Word and Excel. A strong working knowledge of Excel and an aptitude for analytics would be an advantage
- The candidate will be expected to study towards a relevant professional qualification (e.g. Institute of Risk Management, ACCA or any other qualification supported by Aztec)
- As part of the successful candidate development, opportunities may arise to undertake cycles of experience in other Aztec teams
- Travel to other Aztec jurisdictions may be required as part of this role
We will provide the training, both in-house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.
“For all accepted offers of employment with Aztec Financial Services (Luxembourg) S.A, candidates will be required to complete pre-screening requirements, including providing a criminal record certificate (extrait de casier judiciaire).”